THE COOKBOOK PROJECT
New Making of the Tayster Menu Video!
Announcing The Cook Book Participation Project
I am thrilled to announce the beginnings of a new recording project entitled The Cook Book. Over the next year I will be writing and recording the material for this album, from fresh produce to cooked entrée, in summer 2015.
My past recording projects, Here We Go and For Lilia, were both recorded in one day with one group of musicians. I am taking a new approach with The Cook Book with various musicians and ensembles featuring my own compositions and arrangements. After all, variety is the spice of life.
As a part of this project I am creating the opportunity for you, the listener, to be involved in its creation. There is no such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen!
You can participate at various levels of funding—whether you would like an appetizer or a three course meal, there is an option for you. The four levels of participation aim to look into the creative process and progress of The Cook Book from concept to finished product. For more information, see the insert of this program.
Thank you for being here and I look forward to cooking up something great with you!
The Participation Levels:
Station Chef (unlimited) $100
● Interactive behind the scenes exclusive video, audio and photo updates via regular email
with an inside look at the process behind the project, compositions, rehearsals and
recording of The Cook Book.
● Recognition in liner notes
● Signed copy of The Cook Book shipped to you upon release
● ‘Pairing Notes’ a companion listening guide
● The Tayster Menu EP
Sous Chef (20 available) $250
● Advance access to digital download
● 2 tickets to a CD Release Event (various locations TBD)
● Framed CD with album artwork
● All Station Chef participant benefits
Chef de Cuisine (10 available) $500
● listing as contributor in liner notes
● invite for two to exclusive listening party hosted by Tayor after album launches (various
● complimentary pair of tickets to all Taylor Cook shows for 1 year
● all Station Chef and Sous Chef participant benefits
Executive Chef (2 available) $1000 and above
● invitation with guest to the studio during recording process (location TBD)
● exclusive private concert for you and your friends at your house featuring songs from the
● all Station Chef, Sous Chef and Chef de Cuisine participant benefits
Sponsor a Song (can be added to any level) $300
● Be involved with creative process behind a specific track including track title, inspiration
behind the composition and style. Specific recognition on liner notes next to the track
and a framed signed version of the score/leadsheet.
Payments can be made via PayPal, Cash, Cheque or by Credit Card. Credit Card payments are
processed securely through Square Mobile processing.
Announcing the Tayster Menu EP
A microcosm of the The Cook Book project this new 4 track EP features 3 new compositions by Taylor recorded with 2 different ensembles in the past year as well as an unreleased track from For Lilia, Taylor's 2009 release. The EP is available for free with Pre-Order of The Cook Book which is $20 or on its own for $10.
The Tracks are:
1. The Replacement - Taylor Cook with Brandon Wall guitar and Mark Godfrey Bass
2. Everybody's Song But My Own - Kenny Wheeer arr. Taylor Cook with Paul Morrison piano, James Genus bass and Clarence Penn Drums
3. Splainin' - Taylor Cook with Jack Bodkin piano
4. El Toro - Taylor Cook with Brandon Wall guitar and Mark Godfrey Bass